Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vampire Mine by Kerrelyn Sparks

I like to read while I'm on the treadmill at my gym. And since my boyfriend dumped me for another man, it's been a place I find myself more often. I always put that little clippy thing on my shirt, because I've tripped more than once, at least that will put on the emergency break. And it will keep me safe from getting tossed back into the hunk behind me, who runs at least 100 mph.


He looks it too. His name is Frank, and he's a FDNY. Yummmy! Come and save me sometime, Frank, when my apartment is on fire. Oh, that wouldn't work, I'm in Jersey.


Anyhoo, now that I'm newly single, with those long empty moments, that my ex-boyfriend occupied, I'm going back to the gym with my Kindle in hand, to read on the treadmill. It's amazing what you see when everyone thinks you're just reading. Did you know how much men like to look at their own ass in the mirror!? A lot, way a lot. But not Frank, he's a real cutie, with a great ass.


Sigh, I digress, this book became my treadmill read this week. I've never read this author, and I understand this is a series? Well, it was entertaining, not enough to keep my eyes totally off of Frank. That would be one hell of book if it did. Back to the book, I liked this Scottish Vampire, at least he's not Italian, they've been getting a lot of bad press since Anne Rice. Anyhoo, again, I've read the other reviews, and I guess Connor keeps getting crankier with each read. Well, he's pretty darn cranky in my opinion. He's in competition with my cousin Vinny in that department. Who if I didn't know better, I'd believe was a vampire. I think the angel, is well, way too good for him. There were some really funny moments, that caused me to laugh out loud and spew water threw my nose, in front of Frank, as I tried to be cool on the treadmill. I did like how Connor softened towards the Angel, whose name escapes me right now.

So I do recommend it as a great treadmill read so it lands a #5. It occupied me, kept me walking at a good pace, and from being bored to death with ESPN on the ALL the televisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment